Shingo Shoji (庄司 真吾 Shōji Shingo) is a member of the NightKids who drives a red Honda Civic SiR-II (EG6). Shingo races dangerously: he will nudge his rival's car in order to make the other driver lose control. He doesn't find plain downhill races any fun, preferring to race against a handicap. In this handicap match, Shingo tapes his right hand to the steering wheel for the duration of the race. By doing this, Shingo limits his own steering capabilities to pleasure himself. In terms of racing ability, Shingo is the second best driver on the Night Kids team. He is also a childhood friend of Impact Blue's navigator, Sayuki.
Shingo actually shares many beliefs with Takeshi, but whenever they watch other battles, they stay away from one another so that people won't mistake them as friends. There were also times that he supported his teammate for the Night Kids' sake, like the battle against Seiji Iwaki and his Evo IV. In 5th Stage, Takumi remembered and mentioned that Shingo lost to him.
- Likes: His Civic, FF Cars
- Dislikes: FR Cars, Nakazato
|Age||20 (21 in Project D)|
|Car||Honda Civic SiR II (EG6)|
|Custom Parts||Mugen Bucket Seats, Mugen RNR Wheels, Mugen BodyKit|
|Japanese voice actor||Keiji Fujiwara (series), Shuhei Sakaguchi (New Initial D the Movie)|
|English voice actor||Quinton Flynn (Tokyopop dub), Vic Mignogna (Funimation dub)|
- In Initial D: Fifth Stage, Shingo appears to have a tan.
- It might be slightly hinted that he may be a fan of Mugen Motorsports, a Honda Car Tuning Specialist.
- When he made his first appearance intimidating Iketani's S13, it appears that the Mugen RNR wheel is painted in Metallic Silver. But later in the anime, especially when racing with Takumi in the Gum Tape Deathmatch in Episode 15 of First Stage, his Mugen RNR wheels suddenly became Black with a Red Trim. In the Initial D Arcade Stage video games, his Mugen RNR Rims are again only shown in Metallic Silver.
- His voice actor in the New Initial D movie, Shuhei Sakaguchi, also voiced Hiroya Okuyama in Fifth Stage.