20 (21 in Project)
First Stage Episode 11
Vic Mignogna (Funimation dub)
Shingo Shoji (庄司 真吾 Shōji Shingo) is a member of the NightKids who drives a red Honda Civic SiR-II (EG6). Shingo races dangerously: he will nudge his rival's car in order to make the other driver lose control. He doesn't find plain downhill races any fun, preferring to race under a mutual handicap he calls the Duct (Gum) Tape Death Match. In this handicap match, both drivers tape their right hand to the steering wheel for the duration of the race. By doing this, a driver limits their own steering capabilities and it makes turning a challenge in a rear wheel drive car, as "catching" a car's oversteer on the exit becomes quite difficult. In a front-wheel drive car though, the use of the handbrake assists in turning the vehicle in corners. He detests Takeshi Nakazato because he believes that he is unfit to be leader of the NightKids, a position that Shingo openly covets. In terms of racing ability, Shingo is the second best driver on the Night Kids team. He is also a childhood friend of Impact Blue's navigator, Sayuki.
Shingo actually shares many beliefs with Takeshi, but whenever they watch other battles, they stay away from one another so that people won't mistake them as friends. There were also times that he supported his teammate for the Night Kids' sake, like the battle against Seiji Iwaki and his Evo IV. In 5th Stage, Takumi remembered and mentioned that Shingo lost to him
- Likes: FF cars
- Dislikes: FR cars
|Age||20 (21 in Project D)|
|Car||Honda Civic SiR II (EG6)|
|Custom Parts||10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend, spec-R full drag suspension, Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor, 1 044 bosch pump, 1200 rc injectors, golden eagle sleeved block, cp 10:1 pistons, Eagle rods, arp headstuds, oem h22 headgasket, Balance shaft delete, competition clutch twin disc, Port and polished head, skunk2 valve springs and retainers, Str cam gears, crower stage 1 cams, aluminium radiator with slim fan, gsr transmission with itr lsd, qsd h2k intake manifold adapter, k20 rbc manifold, qsd throttle body spacer, blox 70mm throttle body, a shitty copypasta, 4bar omni map sensor, 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control, hks bov, Garret 102mm turbocharger, Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange, 44mm tial wastegate, Custom water to air intercooler set up, aem eugo wideband w/ gauge, tuned on chipped p28, 13 inch volks drag rims, 2 15 inch volks rear rims, arp extended wheel studs, si cluster, 150 shots of nitrous
|Japanese voice actor||Keiji Fujiwara (series), Shuhei Sakaguchi (New Initial D the Movie)|
|English voice actor||Quinton Flynn (Tokyopop dub), Vic Mignogna (Funimation dub)|
- In Initial D 5th Stage, Shingo appears to have a tan.
- It might be slightly hinted that he may be a fan of Mugen Motorsports, a Honda Car Tuning Specialist.
- When he made his first appearance intimidating Iketani's S13 in the anime, it appears that the Mugen RNR wheel is painted in Metallic Silver. But later in the anime, especially when racing with Takumi in the Gum Tape Deathmatch in Episode 15 of First Stage, his Mugen RNR wheels suddenly became Black with a Red Trim. In the Initial D Arcade Stage video games, his Mugen RNR Rims are again only shown in Metallic Silver.
- His voice actor in the New Initial D movie, Shuhei Sakaguchi, also voiced Hiroya Okuyama in Fifth Stage.